EEOICPA Eligibility for Compensation
The following questions will help you determine whether you or your loved one may be eligible for EEOICPA Compensation..
EEOICPA Eligibility Question 1:
Did you or your loved one work at any of these nuclear weapons facilities for a total of at least 250 days?
EEOICPA Eligibility Question 2:
Did you or your loved one develop one or more of the following specified cancers?
These employees, or their survivors, from any of the above listed facilities, are eligible for benefits if, after beginning covered employment, they contracted one or more of the following specified cancers:
- Leukemia, if onset of the disease occurred at least two years after first exposure. (Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) is excluded.)
- Primary or secondary lung cancer, including sarcoma of the lung (other than in situ lung cancer that is discovered during or after a post-mortem exam).
- Primary or secondary bone cancer (including the bone form of solitary plasmacytoma, myelodysplastic syndrome, myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasia, essential thrombocytosis or essential thrombocythemia, primary polycythemia vera [also called polycythemia rubra vera, P. vera, primary polycythemia, proliferative polycythemia, spent-phase polycythemia, or primary erythremia], and chondrosarcoma of the cricoid cartilage of the larynx).
- Primary or secondary renal cancer
- The following diseases, provided onset was at least five years after the first exposure:
- Multiple myeloma;
- Lymphomas (other than Hodgkin’s disease);
- Primary cancer of the:
- male or female breast
- pharynx (including the soft palate, back of the mouth, base of the tongue, tonsils, and larynx)
- small intestine
- bile ducts
- gall bladder
- salivary gland
- urinary bladder (including ureter and urethra)
- brain (malignancies only, not including intracranial endocrine glands and other parts of the central nervous system)
- colon (including rectum)
- ovary (including fallopian tubes)
- liver (except if cirrhosis or hepatitis B is indicated)
If you answered Yes to both questions above, you or your loved one may be eligible for compensation from the EEOICPA fund. To learn more about eligibility and how to make a claim, please contact Markovits, Stock & DeMarco or call (513) 651-3700.